PAT testing scheme
NICEIC operates a national registration scheme for enterprises conducting Portable Appliance Testing (PAT).
All electrical equipment should be maintained and checked regularly to ensure it is safe and in good repair. In particular, managers (and others, such as landlords) responsible for electrical equipment maintenance should ensure:
- Equipment is maintained in a safe condition
- Information is available to equipment users to ensure safety
- Safe procedures for inspection and testing are used
- Records of inspection and testing are maintained
The NICEIC scheme and register will provide:
- enterprises with a straightforward route to registration
- formal recognition of competence to undertake PAT testing services
- a valuable reference for purchasers of PAT testing services
To support the scheme, the NICEIC has developed a PAT training course, which will provide enterprises with the key competence qualifications required. An NICEIC Guide to Electrical Equipment Maintenance is also available as a valuable reference.
Existing NICEIC registrants need do nothing further as they will be contacted separately with details of the scheme. NICEIC Approved Contractors with full approval will automatically meet the scheme requirements for inclusion in the PAT register.
For more information about the PAT testing scheme, please call 0870 013 0458 or email email@example.com