Don't mix water and electricity

25/04/2017

NICEIC’s technical expert Darren Staniforth appeared on Radio 2 recently for a discussion on the dangers of mixing water and electrics.

Darren was asked to appear on the show following the death of a young woman in the USA who was electrocuted after jumping into a lake close to her home.

A faulty light circuit  created a current in the water which passed through the young woman when she jumped in.

The feature formed a large part of the Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio 2 which also looked at the increasing potential for danger in the UK as more and more householders look to install Jacuzzis and hot tubs in their gardens.

You can catch a recording of the interview here.

latest news

  • Construction leaders launch new charity

    Building industry leaders have come together to launch a new charity aiming to transform cancer advice and support for people working in the Construction and Built Environment sector as well as raising money to help fund research to beat cancer sooner.