17th Edition 1st Amendment
Click here to buy now and begin the Online Amendment 3 course immediately.
Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671: June 2008 (2011)
Note: A candidate completing this training will be able to sit either the EAL online assessment or City & Guilds 2382-12 online exam at one of our recognised centres.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anybody actively working in the electrotechnical industry. There are no formal entry requirements to attend this course, however candidates should have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and the principles of electrical installation work.
Residential, commercial, public, industrial, agricultural and horticultural, prefabricated buildings, caravans, caravan parks, construction sites, exhibitions, shows, fairgrounds and other installations of temporary purpose including professional stage and broadcasting applications.
Marines, external lighting, mobile transportable units, photovoltaic systems, low voltage generating sets, highway equipment and furniture, medical locations, operating and maintenance gangways.
What will I learn?
The course will give candidates knowledge of how to apply the requirements of BS7671 to electrical installations. Candidates achieving this qualification will be able to demonstrate a much better understanding of the latest edition of BS7671.
- Part 1: Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Part 2: Definitions
- Part 3: Assessment of general characteristics
- Part 4: Protection for safety
- Part 4: Continuation of protection for safety
- Part 5: Selection and erection of equipment
- Part 6: Inspection and testing
- Part 7: Special installations or locations
- Appendices 1 – 16
- Exam prep
- Online exam
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a much better understanding of the latest requirements of BS7671.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Copy of BS7671:2008 (2011) (Available from www.niceicdirect.com)
- Scientific Calculator (not part of a smart phone application)
- Note-taking material (recording devices not allowed)
Note: Course includes NICEIC Learners Guide (RRP £26)
- Level 3 Award in Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (EICRs)
EAL / City & Guilds (2-hour online exam)
- NICEIC registered: £425 + VAT
- Non-registered: £480 + VAT
Why train with NICEIC?
NICEIC Training provide:
- Highly-skilled, qualified lecturers
- Purpose-built training facilities
- One-stop-shop for NICEIC enquiries
- Lunch and refreshments provided