Domestic Installer Scheme Qualification
Understanding of how to carry out general domestic electrical work that falls under Part P of the Building Regulations.
What will you learn?
- The legal responsibilities of a Part P Domestic Installer
- The general building regulations associated with electrical installation work
- The wiring requirements for domestic circuits
- An understanding of BS7671 with regards to domestic installations
- The general requirements for initial verification testing and inspecting
- How to complete certain BS7671 certificates
Who should attend?
This qualification is designed for those working in the electrical industry in a secondary capacity (eg: A kitchen fitter who completes part of the electrical work required).
The course is designed to build on a delegate’s existing knowledge of domestic electrical installation work and is not for somebody without any electrical experience.
The course can also be taken by those looking to meet the requirements for registration onto the Part P Domestic Installer Scheme as it includes the key elements of BS7671 needed for domestic electrical installation work.
The Course Programme
- Basic principles
- Pre-works survey
- Special locations
- City & Guilds 2393-10 exam
- Initial verification
- Inspection and testing
- Practical work
- Theory assessment
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a much better understanding of domestic electrical installation work.
Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations.
£790 + VAT