Electric Vehicle Charging Course
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at contractors looking to expand their business to accommodate the installation of electrical vehicle charging points.
There are no formal entry requirements to attend this course, however candidates should have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and the principles of electrical installation work.
What will I learn?
The course will cover the requirements of BS7671 with regards to the new section on electrical vehicle charging points, discussing how the electrical supply can be delivered from both private and public supplies.
By the end of the course you will understand how to install these points in compliance with BS7671, the Electrical Safety Quality and Continuity Regulations and the new IET Code of Practice.
- Introduction to electrical vehicle charging
- History of electric vehicles
- Government legislation and incentives
- Supply requirements
- Installation requirements
- Protection requirements
- The IET Code of Practice
- Product demonstration
- Exam (followed by Q & A)
Successful candidates will have fundamental knowledge of the supply, installation and protection requirements of electric vehicle charging points.
NICEIC Training provide:
- Highly-skilled, qualified lecturers
- Purpose-built training facilities
- One-stop-shop for NICEIC enquiries
- Lunch and refreshments
What do I need to bring with me?
• BS7671:2008 (2011) (Available from www.niceicdirect.com)
• IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicles (Available from www.niceicdirect.com)
• Scientific Calculator (not part of a smart phone application)
• Note-taking material (recording devices not allowed)
NICEIC registered: £129 + VAT
Non-registered: £150 + VAT