Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
Note: A candidate completing this training will be able to sit either the EAL assessment or C&G 2394 exam on a designated exam date.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at contractors looking to gain knowledge and practical understanding of the initial verification and certification of electrical systems.
There are no formal entry requirements to attend the course, however it is ideally suited to practicing electricians that have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying, or who require an update before moving on to other electrical inspection qualifications. This course is not suitable for non-practicing electricians.
Single and three-phase - domestic, commercial and industrial.
What will I learn?
The course will give delegates the knowledge and practical skills required to complete Electrical Installation Certificates or Minor Works Certificates on electrical installations before putting them into service.
Delegates will also learn:
- The legal responsibilities of an inspector
- The reasons for electrical inspection
- Practical testing techniques
- How to complete Electrical Installation Certificates
(including the inspection and test results schedules)
- Preparation for initial inspection and testing
- Safe working practices
- Requirements for electrical certification
- Initial inspection of electrical installations
- Instrument selection, accuracy and operation
- Dead tests
- Live tests
- Verification of voltage drop
- Completion of certificates
- Online exam preparation
- Online exam
Candidates will also need to complete an additional half-day practical assessment. Dates will be agreed on the course.
Note: The City & Guilds 2394 exam also requires you to return to complete a written 1 ½ hour written exam (dates provided by awarding body)
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a much better understanding of the inspection and testing process and could be considered as a suitable Qualified Supervisor with NICEIC.
What do I need to bring with me?
- IET Guidance Note 3 - Inspection and Testing (Available from www.niceicdirect.com)
- Scientific Calculator (not part of a smart phone application)
- Note-taking material (recording devices not allowed)
- 17th Edition Test Equipment (Calibrated)
- GS 38 Voltage Indicator
- Safe isolation lock-off kit for industrial applications
- PPE – Safety goggles/glasses and gloves
Note: Course includes NICEIC Learners Guide (RRP £26)
- Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection, Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations (EICRs)
- Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
EAL / City & Guilds
NICEIC registered: £585 + VAT
Non-registered: £625 + VAT
Why train with NICEIC?
NICEIC Training provide:
- Highly-skilled, qualified lecturers
- Purpose-built training facilities
- One-stop-shop for NICEIC enquiries
- Lunch and refreshments provided