CMDDA1 - Carbon Monoxide/Carbon Dioxide Atmosphere Testing
Gas safety competence to carry out CO/CO2 atmosphere testing using electronic portable gas analysers on domestic gas appliances following indication of fumes, smells, spillage or leakage of combustion products, CO detector activation, etc.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at those wishing to respond to a report of a smell of fumes from a gas appliance or the activation of a CO alarm in domestic premises:
- Where a customer suspects fumes due to activation of a CO alarm
- Where a customer suspects fumes due to signs of spillage or smells being emitted from a gas appliance
- Where a customer contacts ‘The Carbon Monoxide and Gas Safety Society’ and they recommend that a Gas Safe Registered Installer with the appropriate competencies is required
- CCN1/CCLP1 + CPA1 or;
- CCN1/CCLP1 as from 1st April 2012 or;
- A valid equivalent NVQ or QCF qualification plus appropriate domestic appliance(s)
- Domestic Natural Gas and Liquefied Petroleum Gas.
- Covers the use of analysers to determine ambient levels of CO and presence of CO2 in dwellings, CO and CO2 in combustion products from flueless appliances (Type A), open flue appliances (Type B), and room sealed appliances (Type C).
The Course Programme:
Candidates will be assessed on the following:
- Carrying out ambient CO, CO2 testing and combustion performance analysis using electronic portable gas analysers on domestic gas appliances in dwellings following:
Indication of fumes
Spillage or leakage of combustion products
CO detector activation
- Interpretation of results and responses from householder or other party
NICEIC Training provide:
- Highly-skilled, qualified lecturers
- Purpose-built training facilities
- One-stop-shop for NICEIC enquiries
- Lunch and refreshments
Duration: 1 day
Practical Assessment Ratio: 1 to 1
Duration: 1 day
NICEIC registered: £450 + VAT
Non-registered: £500 + VAT