CMDDA1 - Carbon Monoxide/Carbon Dioxide Atmosphere Testing
Gas safety competence to carry out CO/CO2 atmosphere testing using electronic portable gas analysers on domestic gas appliances following indication of fumes, smells, spillage or leakage of combustion products, CO detector activation etc.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at those wishing to respond to a report of a smell of fumes from gas appliance or the activation of a CO alarm in domestic premises such as
- Where a customer suspects fumes due to activation of a CO alarm
- Where a customer suspects fumes due to signs of spillage or smells being emitted from an appliance
- Where a customer contacts ‘The Carbon Monoxide and Gas Safety Society‘ and a Registered Gas Installer with appropriate competencies is recommended
CCN1/CCLP1 + CPA1 or CCN1/CCLP1 as from 1st April 2012 or valid equivalent NVQ or QCF qualification + appropriate domestic appliance(s)
Domestic Natural Gas and Liquefied Petroleum Gas.
Covers the use of analysers to determine ambient levels of CO and presence of CO2 in dwellings, CO and CO2 in combustion products from flueless appliances (Type A), open flue appliances (Type B), and room sealed appliances (Type C).
Course will cover
The candidate will be assessed in the following areas:-
- Carrying out AmbientCO, CO2 testing and combustion performance analysis using electronic portable gas analysers on domestic gas appliances in dwellings following:
- Indication of fumes
- Spillage or leakage of combustion products
- CO detector activation
Interpretation of results and responses from householder or other party
- Technical excellence
- Highly skilled and qualified lecturers
- Purpose built training facilities
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Flexible learning
- Accredited by NICEIC Certification
Duration: 1 day
Practical Assessment Ratio: 1 to 1
Duration: 1 day
NICEIC registered: £450 + VAT Non-registered: £500 + VAT