Level 3 Understanding Principles, Practices and Legislation for the Initial Verification of Electrical Installations (Blended learning – 50% classroom, 50% online)
Understanding how to carry out initial verification, inspection and testing.
What will you learn?
- The legal responsibilities of an inspector
- The general requirements of BS7671 relating to initial verification
- The inspection process and testing requirements for new installations
- How to complete certain BS7671 certificates
To view a demo click here
Who should attend?
This qualification is designed for those who are currently working in the electrical industry with no knowledge or experience of inspection and testing.
Candidates should have a good understanding of the current edition of BS7671 and its application to electrical installations.
The Course Programme
- Understand the requirements for completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Understand the requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Understand the requirements for testing energised installations
- Course review and revision (Held at a local assessment centre)
- Exam and practical assessments (Held at a local assessment centre)
You will receive online e-learning courses (approximately 15 hours of materials) and online revision tests. These can be completed at home or anywhere with internet access. You will be required to spend 2 days at a local training centre for practical learning and assessment and online assessment.
Blended learning helps candidates to work through the material at their own pace. This course also saves time and money due to the fact less days are spent in the classroom. It is the perfect way for the busy tradesman to learn and achieve continued professional development in an ever-evolving industry.
Cost: £495 +VAT
Assessment: EAL / City & Guilds