Inspection & Testing
Click here to book and begin the Inspection & Testing course immediately.
Blended (online and classroom) learning course on understanding periodic inspection, testing and certification.
Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (EICRs)
Who should attend?
This blended learning course is aimed at contractors looking to gain knowledge of how to complete the new Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
There are no formal entry requirements to attend the course, however this qualification is aimed at experienced personnel working in the electrical industry looking to gain an understanding of the new Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
Inspection and testing practices and the completion of domestic, commercial and industrial EICRs.
What will I learn?
The course will give delegates the knowledge and practical skills required to complete Electrical Installation Condition Reports.
Delegates will also learn:
- The legal responsibilities of an inspector
- The reasons for electrical inspection
- Greater understanding of testing
- How to complete certificates
The online course content takes approximately 12 - 18 hours to complete depending on learning speed. The training can be completed at a time and pace that suits the delegate and the content can be revisited at anytime.
- Legal requirements
- Safety requirements
- Initial verification
- Schedule of inspections
- Dead testing
- Earth electrode testing
- Live testing
- Verification of voltage drop
In addition to the online learning, candidates will spend two days at an Assessment Centre to complete their practical training and and sit an online, multiple- choice exam.
Candidates will also need to sit a theory-based written exam and complete a practical assessment on a designated date set by either EAL or City & Guilds.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a much better understanding of the inspection and testing process and gain knowledge and understanding of the new Electrical Installation Condition Report form.
The blended-learning option is the perfect way for the busy contractor to gain an understanding of the new Electrical Installation Condition Report form without having to commit to four days in the classroom. Instead, candidates can work through the course material online before spending 2 days at an Assessment Centre where they will sit a theory-based written exam and practical assessment.
- Cost-effective alternative to classroom training
- Classroom learning reduced from 4 days to 2
- Online learning at a time and place to suit you
- Content split into short e-learning activities
- Revisit course material when required
What do I need to bring with me for the classroom learning?
- IET Guidance Note 3 - Inspection and Testing (Available from www.niceicdirect.com)
- Scientific Calculator (not part of a smart phone application)
- Note-taking material (recording devices not allowed)
- 17th Edition Test Equipment (Calibrated)
- GS 38 Voltage Indicator
- Safe isolation lock-off kit for industrial applications
- PPE – Safety goggles/glasses and gloves
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification of Electrical Installations
- Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
On average, this course contributes 12 – 18 hours towards CPD points.
£540 + VAT
Why train with NICEIC?
NICEIC Training provide:
- Highly-skilled, qualified lecturers
- Purpose-built training facilities
- One-stop-shop for NICEIC enquiries
- Lunch and refreshments provided
EAL / City & Guilds
Practical training and assessment centres are available at several locations.
Call us on 0870 013 0389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of your nearest centre.