Under Part P of the Building Regulations in England & Wales, all electrical installation work in a home, garden, conservatory or outbuilding must meet the Building Regulations.
Apart from some types of minor work, all electrical work must either be reported before being started to the local-authority building-control, or be carried out by a registered electrician who will notify the work on completion. To understand what work is notifiable click here.


Notifiable work by Electricians should be checked and certified, that the installation is safe and complies with the Building Regulations. 
When using a registered electrician, you do not need to notify your Local Building Control Body
Any domestic work notified by your NICEIC / ELECSA electrician to the Local Building Control Body is searchable through the site www.checkmynotification.com 
You can check the details of the Building Regulations Compliance Certificate via the number on the certificate or the address where the work was carried out. Should you require a copy of a certificate, you can follow the secure payment process and a certificate will be sent to you in the post.