Electrical Help and Advice

When should I use an electrician?

If you are considering DIY work in the home or about to undertake significant home improvements, you need to make sure that the electrics are installed to a high standard.

Some electrical work in the home is subject to Part P of the Building Regulations and the easiest way to ensure that your installation complies with the regulations is to use a contractor registered to a competent persons scheme.  You can search our website for registered contractors who can certify that their work complies to the building regulations.

If you are a Landlord or manage commercial properties, you will have additional legal responsibilities to ensure that you use a suitable person to undertake work and that your electrical installations are checked on a regular basis.

To find a qualified and assessed contractor, use our Find Contractors search facility.